The European Commission’s Directorate General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO) is in charge of the European solidarity with people in need all around the world and aims to better coordination and disaster response inside and outside Europe. DG ECHO is based on the principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence. Every decision ECHO takes must be in accordance with these four principles which are at the heart of the European Consensus on Humanitarian Aid.
The ECHO Office in Ukraine is seeking to recruit one national staff to be based in Ukraine-Dnipro for the following position of:
Programme Officer (Dnipro)
The candidates for this position need to demonstrate the following criteria:
Education: A relevant second level university degree or equivalent professional experience. A post-graduate degree in Humanitarian Action / Development Cooperation will be considered a plus.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrate a minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience at national or international level in managing programmes / project operations, including at least 2 years of experience with an NGO, donor or national / international organisation.
- Experience and excellent knowledge on humanitarian assistance.
- Relevant experience in working in close coordination with national institutions will be an advantage.
- Very good understanding of Humanitarian Aid principles, policies, and standards.
- Very good knowledge of international NGOs, UN Aid agencies and Red Cross Movement.
- Good knowledge of Ukrainian humanitarian context & situation will be an advantage.
- Excellent command of Office Software package (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet explorer, Outlook.)
- Excellent drafting skills.
Languages: Excellent command of English and Ukrainian (oral and written).
- The incumbent serves as Programme Officer in Country Office based in Dnipro and carries out activities to contribute to the delivery of an effective humanitarian response.
- S/he conducts assessments; develops strategies and represents DG ECHO at technical level when appropriate.
- S/he conducts appraisal, monitoring, and evaluation of projects in compliance with DG ECHO policies.
- S/he prepares reports on the humanitarian situation in the country, including any political, economic and
- security events relevant to the analysis of the humanitarian situation in the country/region.
- S/he collaborates with Regional Office thematic experts on implementing cross-sectoral issues (protection mainstreaming, nutrition, social protection, nexus…).
- Travel is required.
This is a local position open to nationals and other residents of Ukraine with valid work and residence permits. DG ECHO applies a policy of equal opportunities. Our recruitment policy is based on respect for diversity, maintaining the gender balance, as well as the balance between professional and private life, and support for training and developments opportunities.
The contract is initially for one year with the possibility of renewal subject to a 3 months’ probationary period. As an indication, the monthly basic salary is on average approximately USD 4,148 which corresponds to 5 years’ relevant work experience. The salary will be adapted according to the exact duration of relevant professional experience supported by a work certificate. In addition to this, the employee will also receive other allowances and benefits.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA THE EMAIL BELOW:
Applications must be received no later than 08/12/2023.
Interested candidates MUST submit:
- a cover letter setting out the candidate’s motivation and suitability for the position.
- a detailed Curriculum Vitae in English in the Europass CV Template only which can be found athttp://www.europass.cedefop.europa.eu
- academic and employment certificates certified true copy by the applicant.
- name, position and contact number/details (telephone, e-mail) of three references, one of them being from the last employer
Shortlisted candidates will have to bring the full supporting documentation in original with them during the interview stage in addition to references.
The national staff members observe a Code of Conduct published on: https://ec.europa.eu/echo/who/about-echo/field-network_en
Contracts will be ruled under the Ukrainian´s labour legislation.
Any processing of your personal data will be done in accordance with the applicable EU legislation (Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices, and agencies and on the free movement of such data.
The privacy statement can be found on ECHO website
For more information, please follow the link:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. NO INFORMATION WILL BE GIVEN BY PHONE. Any form of canvassing, soliciting, or influencing will be treated as disqualification.
Пропонуємо створити резюме!